Sunday, March 30, 2008

Interesting stuff

As Soyarma so nicely put it, we are hoping to launch an index of articles, and I am 'The wife'.

The wife? I'll have to hit him over the head with a frozen turkey the next time I see him. Oh, there he goes 'wack!'.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, we have been watching the HBO mini series John Adams recently and it's fascinating. If you haven't managed to catch it, you should buy the dvd when it comes out in June. While the story of the birth of our nation has always been interesting, I haven't been so emotionally invested.

Watching it play out on our flat panel television, has been great. And then you think how far things have changed since 1776 when the declaration was signed. Would the founding fathers think we are lazy good for nothings? Would they think all this technology is nothing but 'dark magic and voodoo'? Or would they be fascinated in it as we are in them?

No comments: